Mold Remediation Services in Oakland & Macomb County, Michigan
Always hire a professional
Mold is known for compromising the foundation of homes and buildings, but did you know it’s also extremely dangerous for your health? Different types of mold can grow and be harmful in different ways, but all forms of indoor mold are bad news. If you suspect your home is infested with mold after a flood, storm, or other disaster, you should call a professional immediately. Advance Restoration has years of experience with mold remediation services and can provide you with safe and thorough mold removal.
Advance Restoration offers certified mold remediation in Oakland and Macomb County, Michigan. If your home or business was recently flooded, or you suspect you have a mold problem for another reason, please contact us for assistance.
What Causes Mold Growth?
Mold spores require the perfect conditions to grow into a slimy or fuzzy colony. An organic food source, warmth, and, above all else, moisture must be present. As a result, naturally damp spaces such as the attic, crawl space, bathroom, and basement are the most likely places to become rife with mold.
The most common causes of mold growth include:
- High humidity
- Plumbing leaks
- Unventilated attics
- Bathroom fans and dryer vents that exhaust into the attic
- Poor moisture barriers in subterranean rooms
- Improper slop grading that sends rain flowing toward the foundation
- Failed window seals
- Catastrophic flooding
How Do I Know If I Need Mold Remediation in Michigan?
It’s crucial to pursue water restoration within 24 to 48 hours of a flood if you hope to prevent rampant mold growth. That’s why Advance Restoration offers 24/7 emergency services—to minimize damage by providing the fastest possible response.
Failure to act quickly could lead to a mold problem. Here are the signs to watch for:
- Large patches of discolored walls, ceilings, or floors
- Persistent musty odor
- Standing water in areas that should be dry
- Mold spores discovered in the HVAC system
Our Certified Mold Remediation Process in Clinton Township, MI
The team at Advance Restoration is certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to perform water and mold remediation. You can take a few steps to clean up mold before the professionals arrive, but for your safety, let us do the brunt of the work.
Our certified mold remediation process entails:
- Identify the extent of the mold problem – We send a professional microbiologist to your property to determine where the mold is growing, what type of mold it is, and how widespread the problem has become.
- Contain the mold – We isolate the affected area to avoid contaminating the rest of your home during the treatment process.
- Filter the air – Our team runs air cleaners with HEPA filters to rid the air of mold spores intent on landing, growing, and exacerbating the problem.
- Remove mold from walls, ceilings, floors, and ductwork – Because mold penetrates surfaces as deeply as possible, it’s best to dispose of any moldy porous materials, including carpet, carpet padding, ceiling tiles, insulation, and drywall. Nonporous and semi-porous materials such as metal, glass, hard plastic, concrete, and wood are often salvageable using antimicrobial cleaners and sealants.
- Restore mold-infested belongings – We take the contaminated contents of your building to our climate-controlled storage facility for mold treatment, deodorization, and drying. We use state-of-the-art content restoration techniques to recover as many of your possessions as possible.
- Prevent mold regeneration – After cleaning up existing mold, it’s vital to address the source of the moisture that caused the mold growth in the first place. We identify that source and devise a plan of action to ensure the mold doesn’t return.
Contact Advance Restoration for Mold Remediation in Oakland & Macomb County, MI
In addition to providing restoration and mold remediation services, our technicians will also walk you through the insurance claims process to help you get your home or business back to normal as quickly and affordably as possible.