Ice Dam Repairs in Oakland & Macomb County, MI
If your home has a problem with ice dams in the winter, contact our team at Advance Restoration for complete ice dam repairs in Oakland and Macomb County, Michigan, including Clinton Township, Novi, Warren, Farmington Hills, Waterford Township, and the surrounding communities.
The bitterly cold winters in Michigan often provide the perfect environment for ice dams to form along the eave of a home, especially if that home is more than a few decades old and lacks proper air sealing and insulation. Ice dams can cause water to pool on the roof and start seeping through the roofing materials, causing damage to the roof deck, wood framing, and insulation, and the rest of the home below. Our experts can address both the damage caused by the ice dam and the factors that contributed to its formation. Our company offers a wide range of disaster recovery services, from fire and water damage restoration to mold remediation, content restoration, and much more.
When you need help with ice dams at your Michigan home, call Advance Restoration today at 877-581-9176 or contact us online.
What is an Ice Dam?
An ice dam is a ridge of ice that accumulates at the eaves or bottom of the roof. When a home lacks sufficient insulation or air sealing between the living area and the attic, the underside of the roof can become warmer than the outdoor temperature. This can cause any snow that falls on to the roof to melt. As the runoff makes its way toward the eaves, which lack a heated space below them, the water may refreeze, forming a ridge of ice that is called an ice dam. Runoff can then pool behind this ice, increasing the size of the ice dam while simultaneously allowing water to seep inside the home.
Ice dams can cause significant damage, including:
- Bent or damaged gutters and brackets
- Broken or cracked shingles as they freeze and thaw
- Rotten plywood or roof decking
- Rotten, water-damaged rafters and wood framing
- Wet, moldy insulation, drywall, or plaster
- Interior water damage to carpeting, flooring, and furniture
Ice dams can also become quite heavy, and they tend to form long icicles during the winter. If either falls during warmer weather, significant injuries could be possible. Altogether, ice dams can be a major problem for any home, but with our team at Advance Restoration, you can get the help you need to repair the damage and prevent ice dams from forming in the future.
Ice Dam Services in Oakland & Macomb County
At Advance Restoration, we can repair any problems caused by ice dams, both interior and exterior. Our services include:
- Water extraction – Our team can remove any standing water caused by ice dams and the resulting roof leaks.
- Structural drying – We can bring in negative air machines, dehumidifiers, heaters, and other equipment to completely dry the structural components of your home.
- Water damage repair – Our experts can repair any water damage and structural damage caused by ice dams, from replacing damaged rafters, roof decking, and shingles to repairing damaged drywall, insulation, and flooring.
- Mold remediation – If leaks from the ice dam caused any mold to form, our team can remove it and decontaminate the area safely and effectively.
- Ice dam prevention – We can seal air leaks and add insulation to prevent the heat loss that causes ice dams, and we can also install venting systems to keep the roof at the optimal temperature year-round.
To learn more about preventing ice dams, contact our team today!
Schedule an Appointment Today
Don’t let ice dams cause costly damage to your home—contact the experts at Advance Restoration today for ice dam repairs and restoration.
Give us a call at 877-581-9176 or contact us online to schedule ice dam repairs in Michigan!