Frozen Pipe Repair in St. Clair, Oakland & Macomb County, MI
One of the most common problems in Michigan during extremely cold weather is frozen or burst pipes. We get a multitude of calls for frozen pipe repair in Oakland & Macomb County and surrounding areas each season. Water is one of the few substances that expands as it freezes, creating extra pressure inside the pipe. If the pipe is completely full of water when it freezes, this can cause it to burst.
When you have a leak due to frozen or burst water pipes, contact our team at Advance Restoration. We can repair all the damage caused by frozen or burst pipes, from removing standing water and drying your building to replacing damaged drywall and insulation. In some cases, roof damage repair is required. We serve homes and businesses throughout St. Clair, Oakland and Macomb County, Michigan, providing a full selection of disaster recovery services, including water extraction, structural drying, mold remediation, and more.
Why Do Pipes Freeze?
Some homes or businesses may never have frozen pipes, while others may have frequent problems with freezing, or they may have frozen pipes only in extremely cold conditions. Many factors can contribute to pipes freezing and bursting, including:
- A lack of pipe insulation where it is necessary
- Pipe insulation that has been soaked, damaged, or dislodged
- Improper air sealing that allows cold air infiltration
- Pipes installed in exterior walls or outside the heated envelope
- Pipes that extend to the outdoors without an interior shutoff valve
- Pipe corrosion or damage, especially near elbows, tees, couplers, or other fittings
- A faulty heating system that allows temperatures to drop below freezing
- Faulty or damaged pipe heat tape
- Weakened pipes due to accidental damage
When you discover that you have a leak or water damage due to burst pipes, turn of the main water supply, if possible, then contact Advance Restoration. We can dry your building, repair the damage, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.
Contact us today to learn more about the causes of frozen pipes.
Frozen Pipe Repair in St. Clair, Oakland & Macomb County
When you need fast, professional frozen pipe repair and restoration, trust our team at Advance Restoration. We offer a range of services that can help with frozen pipes, burst pipes, and leaks, including:
- Portable heating systems – If you have frozen pipes that have not burst yet, we can use portable heaters and localized heating to thaw them, followed by a thorough inspection for damage.
- Water extraction – Burst pipes can create major leaks, but with our water extraction services, we can quickly and effectively remove any standing water.
- Structural drying – Using a combination of equipment like negative air machines, dehumidifiers, and heaters, we can reduce moisture content, dehumidify, and dry your building, preventing further water damage.
- Water damage restoration – Our experts can repair any damage caused by leaking or burst pipes, including repairing structural damage, replacing damaged drywall and insulation, cleaning carpeting, and more.
- Mold remediation – If pipe leaks have caused mold to form in your building, our team can safely and effectively remove it while decontaminating the affected area.
- Frozen pipe prevention – Our team can help you insulate pipes, seal and insulate your home, and make other recommendations that can prevent frozen pipes in the future.
To learn more about our services for frozen pipes in Novi, Clinton Township, Farmington Hills, or the surrounding areas, contact our team today!
Schedule Frozen Pipe Repair in St. Clair, Oakland & Macomb County, MI
If you would like to keep the damage and repair costs from a frozen pipe to a minimum in St. Clair, Oakland or Macomb County, call our team at Advance Restoration. We will respond quickly to contain the damage, and we offer 24-hour emergency services.